Transparent image
Transparent image
James and Peter
Transparent image
Transparent image
Transparent image vertical line vertical line vertical line vertical line
Transparent image vertical line vertical line vertical line vertical line vertical line
Transparent image
Transparent image
History
Transparent image
In the 1930's, Doris Walsh set up "Maison Walsh" in the All Saint's area of Manchester, providing quality hairdressing to residents of the local area. Over 20 years later, Doris moved the salon to new premises on Wilmslow Road in Rusholme in the 50s. The salon was to stay there for over 30 years. In the late 50's, the name of the salon was changed to "James and Peter", when Doris handed over to her two sons.

The salon continued to thrive in Rusholme under the guidance of James and Peter, and the pair were to trade together until James left hairdressing for the antiques business and then went on to open Affleck's Palace in the 1980's.

During the 1960's the business expanded, when two more salons were opened in the centre of Manchester, one in King Street, the other in Bridge Street. Since 1996, James and Peter have operated solely from premises on John Dalton Street, where the salon is now flourishing under the guidance of Peter's son, Richard.
Transparent image
Shop front in 1950s
Transparent image
Transparent image
Transparent image